Thursday, April 03, 2008

Spa-aaaahhhhhh

The smells mingled in the thick steam, but not unpleasantly: cucumber and aloe face treatment ... citrus hair mask ... white tea body rub. My skin was pink and as the heat opened my pores and brought a flush to my face I could feel the tension drain out from my shoulders. The high-pressure hot water jets pounded away at the sore point on the back of my neck and it seemed I got looser and taller all at once. Deep breaths of fragrant steam and the meditative effects of the gurgle of rushing water blotted out the whole world, except for the sensual one. The smell, the feel, the warmth, the quiet. Depilation and lotion, exfoliation and aromatherapy. Ahhhh.

After, my scalp still zinging and the skin on my face aglow attention was turned to my feet: buffed and scrubbed and soaked and polished I marveled at the enforced laziness of a pedicure. Sit back and wait. It takes the time that it takes. No matter: I idly flipped through my design magazines, my Saturday paper, alternating the contemplation of big ideas with the contemplation of stainless steel appliances, a perfect balance.

Later still, wrapped in soft terry cloth and bundled under feathers and linen, I let the heat build up around me as I let it all go ... the deadlines, the tantrums, the packing, the planning, the bills. Let it all go and fell softly asleep.

Can you guess what I did on Saturday night?

Yup. I had an obscenely long shower, painted my toenails on the couch while reading the paper and spying on the neighbours, and went to bed early. Extra large pumice stone and fancy face wash? 10 dollars. Shaving my legs for the first time in two weeks? Priceless.

Luxury: the toddler years.

16 comments:

Amy U. said...

I think you just gave all of your readers a virtual spa in the middle of the day, so thanks!

Assertagirl

Raz said...

That sounds fabulous :) I had a nice long bath earlier today and am just appreciating the smell of my hair... Before it smells of burning because of all the straightening!

Thanks for the comment by the way... And in Britain there are separate tests for manual/automatic cars. With a manual test, you can drive an automatic, but not the other way around. Most people tend to drive manuals anyway... So it's pretty normal! Most first lessons involve: the clutch. And that's it!

Beck said...

That sounds gooooood.

kittenpie said...

OMG that sounds fantastic. I wish I had a decent bathtub.

Jenifer said...

Nothing makes me feel better after a long day than a nice hot, long shower . We all need a little TLC now and then.

Karen said...

affordable luxuries are really the very best kind.

Debbie said...

Long showers and painted toenails are heavenly indulgences when you have kids around. Sounds like your Saturday night was Fan-Tas-Tic.

Don Mills Diva said...

I can't tell you the yearning this post induced in me...

Omaha Mama said...

Two weeks is not all that long to me. I've just shaved the winter fur of my legs also. (Sorry, that's gross)

I suddenly have the strongest urge to go buy some fancy face wash.

nomotherearth said...

Can't remember the last time I had time for a bath. These days I can barely shower.

Dawn said...

It never occurs to me to indulge in such luxury at home and then I get all depressed because I can't afford to go to the spa. You've inspired me.

Although I did give myself a mini-pedicure last week because I knew I'd be wearing sandals the next day.

Maybe I can get it together for a little home luxury this weekend.

the new girl said...

I'm with DMD.

YEARNING.

Cheryl said...

Lucky you, I'd give anything for an uninterrupted shower! (3 children under age 5) Sounds so wonderful.
BTW- I tagged you for a "7 Quirks/7 favorite blogs" meme. You don't have to do it...you'll still be a favorite.

NotSoSage said...

Like kittenpie, this makes me yearn for a decent bathtub. I realise that you showered, but I used to love baths like I loved chocolate and it's the exceptional pain or sadness that leads me to draw a bath in our piece of crap. I can't wait to start house-hunting.

Sandy D. said...

Oooh... reminds me that I need to see my chiropractor and his massage therapist! I'm getting all tight and crooked with stress and need to be smushed and twisted and cracked into looseness! I'm happy you have taken this relaxing break!

sexy said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,按摩棒,跳蛋,充氣娃娃,情境坊歡愉用品,情趣用品,情人節禮物,情惑用品性易購,A片,視訊聊天室,視訊,視訊聊天,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,聊天室,UT聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友,免費視訊聊天室

免費A片,AV女優,美女視訊,情色交友,免費AV,色情網站,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人影片,成人網站,A片,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,情色網,日本A片,免費A片下載,性愛

A片,色情,成人,做愛,情色文學,A片下載,色情遊戲,色情影片,色情聊天室,情色電影,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊聊天室,一葉情貼圖片區,情色,情色視訊,免費成人影片,視訊交友,視訊聊天,視訊聊天室,言情小說,愛情小說,AIO,AV片,A漫,av dvd,聊天室,自拍,情色論壇,視訊美女,AV成人網,色情A片,SEX,成人圖片區

情趣用品,A片,免費A片,AV女優,美女視訊,情色交友,色情網站,免費AV,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人網站,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,成人影片,情色網


情趣用品,A片,免費A片,日本A片,A片下載,線上A片,成人電影,嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,微風成人區,成人文章,成人影城,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,臺灣情色網,色情,情色電影,色情遊戲,嘟嘟情人色網,麗的色遊戲,情色論壇,色情網站,一葉情貼圖片區,做愛,性愛,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,美女交友,做愛影片

av,情趣用品,a片,成人電影,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,成人文章,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,情色電影,aio,av女優,AV,免費A片,日本a片,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,聊天室,美女交友,成人光碟

情趣用品.A片,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,情色電影,色情遊戲,色情網站,聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,免費A片,日本a片,a片下載,線上a片,av女優,av,成人電影,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,成人文章,成人影城,成人網站,自拍,尋夢園聊天室